Monday, May 20, 2013

Ding dong

The witch (cancer!) is dead!!! Yep, you read that right:). Chris had bloodwork done today. They tested his tumor markers, which for Chris is HCG. Prior to surgery he was at 400. After surgery, but prior to chemo, he was at 208. Today.... <0.1 which is as low as it could ever be!!  Basically, his tumors produce/cause elevated HCG. So, following those levels helps the doctor see if treatment is working. If HCG goes down, it means the meds are working. The nurse was pleasantly surprised by how well Chris responded to treatment!! He does have to continue through the next 2 cycles but it is such a relief to know that the cancer is being eradicated!
His white blood cell count, platelets, etc are still looking good!

If you are keeping track, Chris has now beaten cancer TWO times:)

3 comments:

  1. Great news! Tanya and I are very happy to see this!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think doctors would exactaly agree with my assessment of beating cancer twice, but its what I like to tell myself. Beat it when it burned out in my testicle, and now beat it again.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete