Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bring on the ginger....

Well, at least my ginger arsenal won't go to waste! Chris is having a less than stellar morning. But we pumped him full of anti-nausea meds (and ginger tea!) and I'm hoping that when he wakes up from his little siesta that he will feel much better. It is so helpful to have caring people in our lives and on days like this, especially survivors who have been there/done that. We got a great recommendation to set up a med schedule and stick to it, even if Chris is feeling ok. I'm on it.  I'll use any excuse to make a list!    (michele, I know you get this!).  On a personal note, it sucks to watch Chris feel so crappy. It's not like we weren't expecting it, but now that it's here, I can't say that I was prepared for it emotionally.  As a friend keeps reminding me, this yuckiness is temporary.  And it is oh so worth it! And I'm thankful for  the 2 weeks "off" so Chris will have time to recover from this intense treatment.

On a positive note: it's beautiful outside, I'm rockin' my happy green capris, and we have the room with a view again today:)
Katie
The patio



3 comments:

  1. 1/3 of the intense treatments done after tomorrow...day by day, step by step. Lists??? Count me in!! We are with you every step of the way.....Michele & Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie-
    You're awesome. I'm not just saying that because I carry 3x5 cards around with my lists either. Chris is lucky to have you. Keep it up, day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    Thank you for reaching out to Cheryl & I to let us know about Chris. I know he & I usually speak once per year (our running joke) to update each other but I always assume everything is going alright. I'm very thankful to hear he has a great prognosis.

    I'll be following closely and once he's ready for visitors let me know. I'm anxious to see you guys.

    Jon Newsom

    ReplyDelete